Umm Al Quwain Free Trade Zone Authority
Umm Al Quwain Free Trade Zone Authority is a government authority in Umm Al Quwain. So it gives authority to trade under Trade License.
Furthermore Umm Al Quwain Free Trade Zone Authority (UAQ FTZ Authority) was formed in early 2014. Also previously it was known as Ahmed Bin Rashid Free Zone (ABRFZ). And it has been operating as an independent free zone in Umm Al Quwain. Because of the number of benefits provided by the government it is believed that it will grow rapidly in the coming years. Therefore variety of licenses are provided for running business in different sectors.
UAQ FTZ is an initiative by government of Umm Al Quwain. Furthermore the main aim was to improve the business community by providing required infrastructure and incentives.
Since UAQ is located 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport, it is a well suited business destination. Also it is a friendly, progressive and prosperous Emirate in terms of economy.
UAQ FTZ is an Ideal Location for:
- Micro Businesses
Because of the Safety and Security in Free Trade Zone Area new business men gets attracted to it. Therefore it is considered as the best place for investment.
Foreign Investors are welcomed with greater benefits in UAQ FTZ area.
UAQ FTZ provides:
- 100% foreign, company or individual ownership
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- 0% corporate and personal tax
- No exchange control
- No restrictions on hiring foreign employees and investment in any sector
- Full range of business activities permitted
- Simple and fast registration process
- Office, warehouse and land availability
- Special concessions for Umm Al Quwain free zone sea port
Since every company or industry requires an uniquely designed infrastructure for a successful business. Therefore UAQ FTZ provides the perfectly suitable infrastructure for your business.
In addition the Umm Al Quwain Free Zone Authority always looks forward for investors ready to work as partners. Thus developing the over all Umm Al Quwain economy. Also you can bank on the government’s support for secure investment.
Why you must choose UAQ FTZ?
- Modern legal framework
- Open investment climate
- Low costs of living and labour
- Easy access to trading partners in the Middle East like Africa and Asia
Umm Al Quwain Free Trade Zone Authority is Under The Patronage Of:
- HH Sheikh Saud Bin Rashid Al Mu’alla- Supreme Council Member And Ruler Of Umm Al Quwain
- H Sheikh Rashid Bin Saud Bin Rashid Al Mu’alla- Crown Prince Of Umm Al Quwain
Board Of Directors – Port, Customs & Free Zone Establishment:
- Chairman-Sheikh Khalid Bin Rashid Al Mu’alla
- Member-Sheikh Ahmed Bin Rashed Bin Abdul Aziz Al Mualla
- Executive Director-Sultan Saeed Sultan Al Ali
- General Manager-Johnson M George
Legal Status of UAQ FTZ Companies in UAE:
Since Umm Al Quwain is one of the seven Emirate of United Arab Emirates, they provide same legal status. Therefore like other free zone company in UAE, you have the freedom of the following
Legal Form of Umm Al Quwain Free Zone companies
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE) Companies – Single shareholder
- Free Zone Company (FZC) Companies – Two or more shareholders
- Branch Companies – Branch of local company, branch of foreign companies
Licenses Provided for businesses
Commercial Trading License
Only the products specified in this license can be
2. General Trading License
Multiple diversified, unlimited, unrelated number of products (except drugs, alcohol etc) can be